Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 9:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 09:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.18 meters/second, 1595.4 km/hour, 991.4 miles/hour or 861.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.52 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 05.4"||991.25 mi||West||0° 11' 07.7"||12.75 mi||North||991.56 mi|
|24 hours||12° 34' 59.4"||862.11 mi||East||4° 35' 55.7"||316.01 mi||North||921.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:00 PM||818 km||508 miles||442 nm||WSW|
|Rawaki||Tue 10:00 PM||884 km||549 miles||477 nm||WNW|
|Pago Pago||Mon 10:00 PM||1022 km||635 miles||552 nm||SW|
|Apia||Tue 10:00 PM||1080 km||671 miles||583 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:00 PM||1305 km||811 miles||705 nm||NE|
|Alofi||Mon 10:00 PM||1393 km||865 miles||752 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 11:00 PM||1539 km||956 miles||831 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Mon 9:00 PM||1658 km||1030 miles||895 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Tue 9:00 PM||1862 km||1157 miles||1005 nm||W|
|Papeete||Mon 11:00 PM||1885 km||1172 miles||1018 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.