Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 09:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 09:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.18 meters/second, 1595.4 km/hour, 991.4 miles/hour or 861.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.52 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 05.4"||991.25 mi||west||0° 11' 07.7"||12.75 mi||north||991.56 mi|
|24 hours||12° 34' 59.4"||862.11 mi||east||4° 35' 55.7"||316.01 mi||north||921.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:00 PM||821 km||510 miles||443 nm||WSW|
|Rawaki||Tue 10:00 PM||884 km||549 miles||477 nm||WNW|
|Pago Pago||Mon 10:00 PM||1021 km||634 miles||551 nm||SW|
|Apia||Tue 10:00 PM||1080 km||671 miles||583 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:00 PM||1305 km||811 miles||705 nm||NE|
|Alofi||Mon 10:00 PM||1392 km||865 miles||752 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 11:00 PM||1539 km||956 miles||831 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Mon 9:00 PM||1658 km||1030 miles||895 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Tue 9:00 PM||1860 km||1156 miles||1004 nm||W|
|Papeete||Mon 11:00 PM||1885 km||1171 miles||1018 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.