Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 9:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 09:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.21 meters/second, 1595.6 km/hour, 991.4 miles/hour or 861.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.52 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 05.9"||991.34 mi||West||0° 11' 08.1"||12.75 mi||North||991.64 mi|
|24 hours||12° 34' 50.2"||862.01 mi||East||4° 36' 02.2"||316.13 mi||North||921.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:10 PM||561 km||349 miles||303 nm||WSW|
|Rawaki||Tue 10:10 PM||669 km||416 miles||361 nm||NW|
|Kanton Island||Tue 10:10 PM||816 km||507 miles||441 nm||NW|
|Pago Pago||Mon 10:10 PM||853 km||530 miles||461 nm||SSW|
|Apia||Tue 10:10 PM||887 km||551 miles||479 nm||SW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Tue 10:10 PM||913 km||568 miles||493 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Mon 10:10 PM||1295 km||805 miles||699 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 9:10 PM||1438 km||893 miles||776 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:10 PM||1470 km||913 miles||794 nm||NE|
|Funafuti||Tue 9:10 PM||1597 km||992 miles||862 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.