Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 09:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 09:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.25 meters/second, 1595.7 km/hour, 991.5 miles/hour or 861.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.52 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 06.3"||991.42 mi||west||0° 11' 08.5"||12.76 mi||north||991.72 mi|
|24 hours||12° 34' 41.2"||861.90 mi||east||4° 36' 08.7"||316.25 mi||north||921.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:20 PM||322 km||200 miles||174 nm||WSW|
|Rawaki||Tue 10:20 PM||507 km||315 miles||274 nm||NNW|
|Apia||Tue 10:20 PM||740 km||460 miles||399 nm||SSW|
|Pago Pago||Mon 10:20 PM||741 km||460 miles||400 nm||SSW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Tue 10:20 PM||754 km||469 miles||407 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 9:20 PM||1237 km||769 miles||668 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Mon 10:20 PM||1245 km||774 miles||672 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Tue 9:20 PM||1329 km||826 miles||718 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Tue 10:20 PM||1625 km||1010 miles||878 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:20 PM||1661 km||1032 miles||897 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.