Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 9:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 09:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.25 meters/second, 1595.7 km/hour, 991.5 miles/hour or 861.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.52 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 06.3"||991.42 mi||West||0° 11' 08.5"||12.76 mi||North||991.72 mi|
|24 hours||12° 34' 41.2"||861.90 mi||East||4° 36' 08.7"||316.25 mi||North||921.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:20 PM||319 km||198 miles||172 nm||WSW|
|Rawaki||Tue 10:20 PM||507 km||315 miles||274 nm||NNW|
|Apia||Tue 10:20 PM||740 km||460 miles||399 nm||SSW|
|Pago Pago||Mon 10:20 PM||742 km||461 miles||401 nm||SSW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Tue 10:20 PM||754 km||469 miles||407 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 9:20 PM||1237 km||769 miles||668 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Mon 10:20 PM||1246 km||774 miles||673 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Tue 9:20 PM||1331 km||827 miles||719 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Tue 10:20 PM||1625 km||1010 miles||878 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:20 PM||1661 km||1032 miles||897 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.