Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 10:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 10:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.43 meters/second, 1596.4 km/hour, 991.9 miles/hour or 862.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.53 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||North||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 08.3"||991.82 mi||West||0° 11' 10.5"||12.80 mi||North||992.12 mi|
|24 hours||347° 26' 03.5"||861.36 mi||West||4° 36' 40.2"||316.86 mi||North||921.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Tue 10:10 PM||91 km||56 miles||49 nm||S|
|Mata-Utu||Tue 10:10 PM||800 km||497 miles||432 nm||SE|
|Tabiteuea||Tue 10:10 PM||873 km||542 miles||471 nm||NW|
|Atafu||Tue 11:10 PM||917 km||570 miles||495 nm||E|
|Labasa||Tue 10:10 PM||966 km||600 miles||522 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Mon 10:10 PM||996 km||619 miles||538 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 11:10 PM||1072 km||666 miles||579 nm||E|
|Suva||Tue 10:10 PM||1158 km||719 miles||625 nm||S|
|Apia||Tue 11:10 PM||1197 km||744 miles||646 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Tue 10:10 PM||1221 km||759 miles||659 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.