Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 1:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 13:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 444.17 meters/second, 1599.0 kilometres/hour, 993.6 miles/hour or 863.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.2"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 17.1"||993.48 mi||West||0° 11' 18.8"||12.96 mi||North||993.77 mi|
|24 hours||12° 30' 48.7"||859.08 mi||East||4° 38' 40.5"||319.14 mi||North||919.57 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baucau||Tue 10:44 PM||202 km||126 miles||109 nm||SW|
|Dili||Tue 10:44 PM||279 km||174 miles||151 nm||SW|
|Same||Tue 10:44 PM||306 km||190 miles||165 nm||SW|
|Suai||Tue 10:44 PM||361 km||224 miles||195 nm||SW|
|Ambon||Tue 10:44 PM||375 km||233 miles||202 nm||N|
|Kupang||Tue 9:44 PM||561 km||349 miles||303 nm||SW|
|Kendari||Tue 9:44 PM||656 km||408 miles||354 nm||WNW|
|Ende||Tue 9:44 PM||686 km||426 miles||370 nm||WSW|
|Darwin||Tue 11:14 PM||698 km||434 miles||377 nm||SSE|
|Sofifi||Tue 10:44 PM||859 km||534 miles||464 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.