Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 3:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 15:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.45 meters/second, 1600.0 km/hour, 994.2 miles/hour or 863.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.2"||16.57 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 20.5"||994.11 mi||West||0° 11' 21.9"||13.02 mi||North||994.39 mi|
|24 hours||12° 29' 35.4"||858.17 mi||East||4° 39' 22.2"||319.94 mi||North||918.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bogor||Tue 10:10 PM||19 km||12 miles||10 nm||NNW|
|Bekasi||Tue 10:10 PM||60 km||37 miles||33 nm||NNE|
|Jakarta||Tue 10:10 PM||69 km||43 miles||37 nm||N|
|Bandung||Tue 10:10 PM||85 km||53 miles||46 nm||ESE|
|Serang||Tue 10:10 PM||105 km||65 miles||57 nm||NW|
|Tasikmalaya||Tue 10:10 PM||163 km||102 miles||88 nm||ESE|
|Cirebon||Tue 10:10 PM||189 km||117 miles||102 nm||E|
|Bandar Lampung||Tue 10:10 PM||231 km||144 miles||125 nm||NW|
|Tegal||Tue 10:10 PM||253 km||157 miles||136 nm||E|
|Pekalongan||Tue 10:10 PM||312 km||194 miles||168 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.