Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 7:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 07:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.00 meters/second, 1609.2 km/hour, 999.9 miles/hour or 868.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 56.9"||999.83 mi||West||0° 11' 45.1"||13.46 mi||North||1000.02 mi|
|24 hours||12° 17' 01.7"||848.04 mi||East||4° 42' 49.4"||323.87 mi||North||908.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Tue 10:14 PM||938 km||583 miles||507 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Tue 9:44 PM||2379 km||1478 miles||1285 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Tue 11:44 PM||2399 km||1491 miles||1295 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Wed 9:44 PM||2775 km||1724 miles||1498 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 9:44 PM||3496 km||2172 miles||1888 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Wed 2:44 AM||3621 km||2250 miles||1955 nm||SE|
|Honolulu||Tue 9:44 PM||3863 km||2401 miles||2086 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 8:44 PM||4273 km||2655 miles||2307 nm||W|
|Hermosillo||Wed 12:44 AM||4312 km||2679 miles||2328 nm||NNE|
|Alofi||Tue 8:44 PM||4366 km||2713 miles||2357 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.