Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 9:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 09:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.16 meters/second, 1609.8 km/hour, 1000.3 miles/hour or 869.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||North||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 59.8"||1000.18 mi||West||0° 11' 46.1"||13.48 mi||North||1000.36 mi|
|24 hours||12° 16' 05.0"||847.20 mi||East||4° 42' 44.1"||323.77 mi||North||907.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:10 PM||696 km||432 miles||376 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Tue 11:10 PM||1641 km||1020 miles||886 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:10 PM||2044 km||1270 miles||1104 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 11:10 PM||2090 km||1299 miles||1129 nm||SSW|
|Apia||Wed 10:10 PM||2299 km||1429 miles||1241 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Tue 10:10 PM||2478 km||1540 miles||1338 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Tue 9:10 PM||2558 km||1590 miles||1381 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Tue 11:10 PM||2758 km||1713 miles||1489 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Wed 10:10 PM||3049 km||1895 miles||1646 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Wed 9:10 PM||3050 km||1895 miles||1647 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.