Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 5:12:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 05:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.15 meters/second, 1613.3 km/hour, 1002.5 miles/hour or 871.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 33.4"||1002.40 mi||West||0° 11' 44.1"||13.44 mi||North||1002.47 mi|
|24 hours||12° 05' 14.9"||836.04 mi||East||4° 35' 24.6"||315.39 mi||North||892.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Portoviejo||Thu 12:12 AM||436 km||271 miles||236 nm||ESE|
|Esmeraldas||Thu 12:12 AM||484 km||301 miles||261 nm||E|
|Santo Domingo (Ecuador)||Thu 12:12 AM||545 km||339 miles||294 nm||E|
|Guayaquil||Thu 12:12 AM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||SE|
|Quito||Thu 12:12 AM||617 km||384 miles||333 nm||E|
|Ambato||Thu 12:12 AM||633 km||394 miles||342 nm||ESE|
|Galapagos Islands||Wed 11:12 PM||648 km||403 miles||350 nm||WSW|
|Cuenca||Thu 12:12 AM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||SE|
|Loja||Thu 12:12 AM||740 km||460 miles||400 nm||SE|
|David||Thu 12:12 AM||877 km||545 miles||474 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.