Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 10:12:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 10:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.05 meters/second, 1613.0 km/hour, 1002.3 miles/hour or 870.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 39.9"||1002.19 mi||West||0° 11' 39.1"||13.34 mi||North||1002.22 mi|
|24 hours||12° 03' 13.1"||833.43 mi||East||4° 31' 53.8"||311.37 mi||North||888.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Fri 12:12 AM||101 km||63 miles||55 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 11:12 PM||2038 km||1266 miles||1100 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Thu 12:12 AM||2183 km||1356 miles||1179 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Wed 10:12 PM||2234 km||1388 miles||1206 nm||W|
|Papeete||Thu 12:12 AM||2250 km||1398 miles||1215 nm||SSE|
|Apia||Thu 11:12 PM||2404 km||1494 miles||1298 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 12:12 AM||2555 km||1587 miles||1379 nm||S|
|Alofi||Wed 11:12 PM||2721 km||1691 miles||1469 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Thu 10:12 PM||2926 km||1818 miles||1580 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 11:12 PM||3242 km||2014 miles||1750 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.