Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.02 meters/second, 1612.9 km/hour, 1002.2 miles/hour or 870.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 41.0"||1002.12 mi||West||0° 11' 38.0"||13.32 mi||North||1002.15 mi|
|24 hours||12° 02' 54.3"||832.99 mi||East||4° 31' 14.9"||310.63 mi||North||887.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kanton Island||Fri 12:02 AM||617 km||384 miles||333 nm||SW|
|Rawaki||Fri 12:02 AM||656 km||408 miles||354 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 11:02 PM||902 km||560 miles||487 nm||WSW|
|Howland Island||Wed 11:02 PM||906 km||563 miles||489 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Fri 1:02 AM||1246 km||774 miles||673 nm||E|
|Fakaofo||Fri 12:02 AM||1269 km||788 miles||685 nm||SSW|
|Apia||Fri 12:02 AM||1764 km||1096 miles||953 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Thu 11:02 PM||1776 km||1104 miles||959 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Thu 11:02 PM||2055 km||1277 miles||1110 nm||W|
|Majuro||Thu 11:02 PM||2304 km||1432 miles||1244 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.