Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:12:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.02 meters/second, 1612.9 km/hour, 1002.2 miles/hour or 870.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 41.1"||1002.11 mi||West||0° 11' 37.9"||13.32 mi||North||1002.14 mi|
|24 hours||12° 02' 50.7"||832.91 mi||East||4° 31' 07.0"||310.48 mi||North||887.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kanton Island||Fri 12:12 AM||519 km||322 miles||280 nm||S|
|Rawaki||Fri 12:12 AM||614 km||381 miles||331 nm||S|
|Howland Island||Wed 11:12 PM||641 km||398 miles||346 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Wed 11:12 PM||641 km||398 miles||346 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 12:12 AM||1237 km||769 miles||668 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Fri 1:12 AM||1515 km||941 miles||818 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Thu 11:12 PM||1582 km||983 miles||854 nm||SW|
|Apia||Fri 12:12 AM||1734 km||1077 miles||936 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Thu 11:12 PM||1787 km||1110 miles||965 nm||W|
|Majuro||Thu 11:12 PM||2045 km||1271 miles||1104 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.