Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, September 27, 2013 at 3:57 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.01 meters/second, 1612.8 km/hour, 1002.2 miles/hour or 870.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 41.4"||1002.09 mi||West||0° 11' 37.7"||13.32 mi||North||1002.12 mi|
|24 hours||12° 02' 47.1"||832.82 mi||East||4° 30' 59.2"||310.33 mi||North||886.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Howland Island||Wed 11:22 PM||380 km||236 miles||205 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 11:22 PM||392 km||244 miles||212 nm||WSW|
|Kanton Island||Fri 12:22 AM||549 km||341 miles||297 nm||SSE|
|Rawaki||Fri 12:22 AM||684 km||425 miles||369 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 12:22 AM||1264 km||785 miles||682 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Thu 11:22 PM||1413 km||878 miles||763 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Thu 11:22 PM||1518 km||943 miles||820 nm||W|
|Apia||Fri 12:22 AM||1744 km||1084 miles||942 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Fri 1:22 AM||1784 km||1108 miles||963 nm||E|
|Majuro||Thu 11:22 PM||1789 km||1111 miles||966 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.