Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 12:12:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, September 27, 2013 at 3:57 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 12:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.98 meters/second, 1612.7 km/hour, 1002.1 miles/hour or 870.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 42.3"||1002.02 mi||West||0° 11' 36.6"||13.30 mi||North||1002.04 mi|
|24 hours||347° 57' 31.1"||832.39 mi||West||4° 30' 18.9"||309.56 mi||North||886.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tarawa||Fri 12:12 AM||185 km||115 miles||100 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Fri 12:12 AM||662 km||412 miles||358 nm||NNW|
|Yaren||Fri 12:12 AM||896 km||557 miles||484 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 12:12 AM||1018 km||633 miles||550 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Fri 12:12 AM||1274 km||792 miles||688 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Thu 11:12 PM||1898 km||1179 miles||1025 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 1:12 AM||2020 km||1255 miles||1090 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Thu 11:12 PM||2055 km||1277 miles||1110 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Fri 12:12 AM||2095 km||1302 miles||1131 nm||NNW|
|Suva||Fri 12:12 AM||2269 km||1410 miles||1225 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.