Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 5:12:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, September 27, 2013 at 3:57 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 17:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.70 meters/second, 1611.7 km/hour, 1001.5 miles/hour or 870.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 48.0"||1001.39 mi||West||0° 11' 29.3"||13.16 mi||North||1001.39 mi|
|24 hours||12° 00' 48.3"||829.86 mi||East||4° 25' 55.9"||304.55 mi||North||881.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Seremban||Fri 1:12 AM||32 km||20 miles||18 nm||SSW|
|Kuala Lumpur||Fri 1:12 AM||46 km||29 miles||25 nm||WNW|
|Malacca City||Fri 1:12 AM||89 km||55 miles||48 nm||SSE|
|Kuantan||Fri 1:12 AM||166 km||103 miles||90 nm||ENE|
|Ipoh||Fri 1:12 AM||209 km||130 miles||113 nm||NNW|
|Johor Bahru||Fri 1:12 AM||252 km||157 miles||136 nm||SE|
|Singapore||Fri 1:12 AM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||SE|
|Pekanbaru||Fri 12:12 AM||280 km||174 miles||151 nm||SSW|
|George Town||Fri 1:12 AM||332 km||206 miles||179 nm||NW|
|Pematangsiantar||Fri 12:12 AM||335 km||208 miles||181 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.