Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 23:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:13 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, September 27, 2013 at 3:56 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 23:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.15 meters/second, 1609.8 km/hour, 1000.3 miles/hour or 869.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||16.67 mi||west||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||north||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 54.4"||1000.24 mi||west||0° 11' 17.4"||12.93 mi||north||1000.20 mi|
|24 hours||11° 58' 59.6"||826.72 mi||east||4° 19' 24.2"||297.11 mi||north||875.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Malabo||Fri 12:38 AM||58 km||36 miles||31 nm||SSE|
|Uyo||Fri 12:38 AM||114 km||71 miles||62 nm||NW|
|Douala||Fri 12:38 AM||131 km||81 miles||70 nm||E|
|Port Harcourt||Fri 12:38 AM||183 km||114 miles||99 nm||WNW|
|Owerri||Fri 12:38 AM||219 km||136 miles||118 nm||NW|
|Abakaliki||Fri 12:38 AM||239 km||149 miles||129 nm||NNW|
|Bamenda||Fri 12:38 AM||263 km||164 miles||142 nm||NE|
|Enugu||Fri 12:38 AM||273 km||170 miles||148 nm||NNW|
|Bata||Fri 12:38 AM||293 km||182 miles||158 nm||SSE|
|Santo António (Príncipe)||Thu 11:38 PM||310 km||193 miles||167 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.