Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 20, 2013 at 11:12:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, September 27, 2013 at 3:57 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 20, 2013 at 11:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.70 meters/second, 1604.5 km/hour, 997.0 miles/hour or 866.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||North||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 03.1"||996.90 mi||West||0° 10' 49.7"||12.40 mi||North||996.81 mi|
|24 hours||11° 56' 37.6"||821.12 mi||East||4° 05' 25.6"||281.11 mi||North||864.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sat 1:12 AM||525 km||326 miles||283 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Fri 1:12 AM||1660 km||1032 miles||896 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Thu 11:12 PM||2067 km||1285 miles||1116 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:12 AM||2211 km||1374 miles||1194 nm||SW|
|Apia||Sat 12:12 AM||2646 km||1644 miles||1429 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Fri 1:12 AM||2833 km||1760 miles||1530 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Fri 11:12 PM||2932 km||1822 miles||1583 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 1:12 AM||3052 km||1896 miles||1648 nm||S|
|Alofi||Fri 12:12 AM||3057 km||1900 miles||1651 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Fri 12:12 AM||3107 km||1931 miles||1678 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.