Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 20, 2013 at 11:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, September 27, 2013 at 3:57 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 20, 2013 at 11:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.64 meters/second, 1604.3 km/hour, 996.9 miles/hour or 866.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||16.61 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 03.3"||996.76 mi||West||0° 10' 48.4"||12.38 mi||North||996.66 mi|
|24 hours||11° 56' 33.5"||820.92 mi||East||4° 04' 51.0"||280.45 mi||North||863.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sat 1:38 AM||1007 km||625 miles||544 nm||ESE|
|Baker Island||Thu 11:38 PM||1431 km||889 miles||773 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Fri 1:38 AM||1827 km||1135 miles||987 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:38 AM||1869 km||1161 miles||1009 nm||SSW|
|Apia||Sat 12:38 AM||2355 km||1463 miles||1272 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 11:38 PM||2395 km||1488 miles||1293 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Fri 11:38 PM||2484 km||1544 miles||1341 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Fri 11:38 PM||2591 km||1610 miles||1399 nm||W|
|Midway||Fri 12:38 AM||2733 km||1698 miles||1476 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Fri 12:38 AM||2865 km||1780 miles||1547 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.