Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 20, 2013 at 10:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, September 27, 2013 at 3:57 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 20, 2013 at 22:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.75 meters/second, 1597.5 km/hour, 992.6 miles/hour or 862.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||16.54 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||North||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 08.8"||992.51 mi||West||0° 10' 15.0"||11.74 mi||North||992.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 55' 13.2"||815.81 mi||East||3° 48' 58.7"||262.30 mi||North||852.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nekemte||Sat 1:38 AM||160 km||99 miles||86 nm||ENE|
|Jimma||Sat 1:38 AM||186 km||115 miles||100 nm||ESE|
|Arba Minch||Sat 1:38 AM||358 km||223 miles||193 nm||SE|
|Awasa||Sat 1:38 AM||380 km||236 miles||205 nm||ESE|
|Addis Ababa||Sat 1:38 AM||387 km||241 miles||209 nm||E|
|Malakal||Sat 1:38 AM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||WNW|
|Bahir Dar||Sat 1:38 AM||424 km||264 miles||229 nm||NNE|
|Adama||Sat 1:38 AM||438 km||272 miles||237 nm||E|
|Debre Berhan||Sat 1:38 AM||489 km||304 miles||264 nm||ENE|
|Gondar||Sat 1:38 AM||527 km||327 miles||284 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.