Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 20, 2013 at 11:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, September 27, 2013 at 3:57 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 20, 2013 at 23:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 443.59 meters/second, 1596.9 kilometres/hour, 992.3 miles/hour or 862.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||16.54 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||North||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 09.2"||992.15 mi||West||0° 10' 12.1"||11.69 mi||North||992.00 mi|
|24 hours||11° 55' 08.7"||815.43 mi||East||3° 47' 41.4"||260.82 mi||North||851.71 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Birao||Sat 12:28 AM||204 km||127 miles||110 nm||NNW|
|Bria||Sat 12:28 AM||256 km||159 miles||138 nm||SSW|
|Bambari||Sat 12:28 AM||413 km||256 miles||223 nm||SW|
|Kaga-Bandoro||Sat 12:28 AM||474 km||295 miles||256 nm||WSW|
|Obo||Sat 12:28 AM||499 km||310 miles||270 nm||SE|
|Wau||Sat 2:28 AM||534 km||332 miles||289 nm||E|
|Sarh||Sat 12:28 AM||535 km||333 miles||289 nm||W|
|Al-Fashir||Sat 2:28 AM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||NNE|
|Mongo||Sat 12:28 AM||642 km||399 miles||346 nm||NW|
|Abéché||Sat 12:28 AM||645 km||400 miles||348 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.