Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 21, 2013 at 11:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, September 27, 2013 at 3:57 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 21, 2013 at 11:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.04 meters/second, 1587.7 km/hour, 986.6 miles/hour or 857.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 12.6"||986.44 mi||West||0° 09' 27.6"||10.84 mi||North||986.24 mi|
|24 hours||11° 54' 26.3"||809.88 mi||East||3° 27' 32.4"||237.77 mi||North||839.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sun 1:38 AM||1057 km||657 miles||571 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Sat 1:38 AM||1294 km||804 miles||699 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Fri 11:38 PM||2813 km||1748 miles||1519 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 12:38 AM||2964 km||1841 miles||1600 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Sat 1:38 AM||3127 km||1943 miles||1688 nm||S|
|Midway||Sat 12:38 AM||3192 km||1984 miles||1724 nm||NW|
|Apia||Sun 12:38 AM||3381 km||2101 miles||1825 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 1:38 AM||3582 km||2226 miles||1934 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Sat 11:38 PM||3708 km||2304 miles||2002 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sat 12:38 AM||3746 km||2328 miles||2023 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.