Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, September 22, 2013 at 8:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 87%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, September 27, 2013 at 3:57 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 22, 2013 at 20:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.21 meters/second, 1559.5 km/hour, 969.1 miles/hour or 842.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.15 mi||West||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||North||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 14.8"||968.85 mi||West||0° 06' 58.2"||7.99 mi||North||968.62 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 49.9"||794.76 mi||East||2° 23' 22.3"||164.31 mi||North||806.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Blair||Mon 2:04 AM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||SE|
|Bhubaneshwar||Mon 2:04 AM||671 km||417 miles||362 nm||NNW|
|Visakhapatnam||Mon 2:04 AM||692 km||430 miles||374 nm||WNW|
|Yangon||Mon 3:04 AM||781 km||485 miles||422 nm||ENE|
|Kolkata||Mon 2:04 AM||837 km||520 miles||452 nm||N|
|Chittagong||Mon 2:34 AM||855 km||531 miles||462 nm||NNE|
|Khulna||Mon 2:34 AM||861 km||535 miles||465 nm||N|
|Naypyidaw||Mon 3:04 AM||907 km||564 miles||490 nm||NE|
|Durgapur||Mon 2:04 AM||952 km||592 miles||514 nm||N|
|Dhaka||Mon 2:34 AM||968 km||602 miles||523 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.