Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, September 22, 2013 at 8:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 87%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, September 27, 2013 at 3:57 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 22, 2013 at 20:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.18 meters/second, 1559.4 km/hour, 969.0 miles/hour or 842.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.15 mi||West||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||North||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 14.8"||968.78 mi||West||0° 06' 57.5"||7.98 mi||North||968.55 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 49.7"||794.70 mi||East||2° 23' 05.5"||163.99 mi||North||806.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Visakhapatnam||Mon 2:12 AM||511 km||317 miles||276 nm||NW|
|Kakinada||Mon 2:12 AM||567 km||352 miles||306 nm||WNW|
|Bhubaneshwar||Mon 2:12 AM||591 km||367 miles||319 nm||NNW|
|Chennai||Mon 2:12 AM||776 km||482 miles||419 nm||WSW|
|Kolkata||Mon 2:12 AM||841 km||522 miles||454 nm||N|
|Khulna||Mon 2:42 AM||894 km||555 miles||483 nm||NNE|
|Durgapur||Mon 2:12 AM||932 km||579 miles||503 nm||N|
|Chittagong||Mon 2:42 AM||942 km||586 miles||509 nm||NNE|
|Hyderabad||Mon 2:12 AM||962 km||598 miles||520 nm||WNW|
|Yangon||Mon 3:12 AM||982 km||610 miles||530 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.