Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, September 22, 2013 at 8:54:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 87%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, September 27, 2013 at 3:57 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 22, 2013 at 20:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.13 meters/second, 1559.3 km/hour, 968.9 miles/hour or 841.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.15 mi||West||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||North||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 14.8"||968.67 mi||West||0° 06' 56.5"||7.96 mi||North||968.44 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 49.3"||794.60 mi||East||2° 22' 40.1"||163.50 mi||North||806.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kakinada||Mon 2:24 AM||299 km||186 miles||162 nm||NW|
|Visakhapatnam||Mon 2:24 AM||307 km||191 miles||166 nm||NNW|
|Chennai||Mon 2:24 AM||485 km||301 miles||262 nm||WSW|
|Bhubaneshwar||Mon 2:24 AM||595 km||370 miles||321 nm||NNE|
|Hyderabad||Mon 2:24 AM||667 km||415 miles||360 nm||WNW|
|Kurnool||Mon 2:24 AM||673 km||418 miles||363 nm||W|
|Anantapur||Mon 2:24 AM||719 km||447 miles||388 nm||W|
|Bengaluru||Mon 2:24 AM||761 km||473 miles||411 nm||WSW|
|Nãgpur||Mon 2:24 AM||865 km||537 miles||467 nm||NW|
|Madurai||Mon 2:24 AM||879 km||546 miles||475 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.