Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, September 23, 2013 at 2:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 86%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, September 27, 2013 at 3:57 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, September 23, 2013 at 02:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.77 meters/second, 1554.4 km/hour, 965.8 miles/hour or 839.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||North||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 14.9"||965.63 mi||West||0° 06' 26.7"||7.39 mi||North||965.40 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 34.6"||791.84 mi||East||2° 10' 14.0"||149.26 mi||North||801.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Dori||Mon 2:44 AM||194 km||120 miles||105 nm||S|
|Timbuktu||Mon 2:44 AM||306 km||190 miles||165 nm||WNW|
|Ouahigouya||Mon 2:44 AM||328 km||204 miles||177 nm||SW|
|Niamey||Mon 3:44 AM||363 km||226 miles||196 nm||SE|
|Ouagadougou||Mon 2:44 AM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||SSW|
|Fada N'gourma||Mon 2:44 AM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||S|
|Koudougou||Mon 2:44 AM||445 km||276 miles||240 nm||SSW|
|Mango||Mon 2:44 AM||604 km||375 miles||326 nm||S|
|Kandi||Mon 3:44 AM||623 km||387 miles||336 nm||SE|
|Natitingou||Mon 3:44 AM||632 km||392 miles||341 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.