Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, September 23, 2013 at 8:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, September 27, 2013 at 3:57 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, September 23, 2013 at 20:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.98 meters/second, 1540.7 km/hour, 957.4 miles/hour or 831.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||15.96 mi||West||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||North||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 16.8"||957.12 mi||West||0° 04' 50.6"||5.55 mi||North||956.92 mi|
|24 hours||11° 51' 58.7"||783.08 mi||East||1° 30' 41.1"||103.95 mi||North||786.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mawlamyine||Tue 3:14 AM||148 km||92 miles||80 nm||SW|
|Chiang Mai||Tue 3:44 AM||153 km||95 miles||83 nm||NNE|
|Nakhon Sawan||Tue 3:44 AM||256 km||159 miles||138 nm||SE|
|Yangon||Tue 3:14 AM||269 km||167 miles||145 nm||WSW|
|Naypyidaw||Tue 3:14 AM||364 km||226 miles||196 nm||NW|
|Dawei||Tue 3:14 AM||377 km||234 miles||204 nm||S|
|Vientiane||Tue 3:44 AM||431 km||268 miles||233 nm||E|
|Udon Thani||Tue 3:44 AM||448 km||279 miles||242 nm||E|
|Luang Prabang||Tue 3:44 AM||462 km||287 miles||249 nm||NE|
|Bangkok||Tue 3:44 AM||462 km||287 miles||249 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.