Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 09:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, September 27, 2013 at 3:57 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 09:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.30 meters/second, 1523.9 km/hour, 946.9 miles/hour or 822.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||15.78 mi||west||0° 00' 01.3"||0.03 mi||north||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 32.7"||946.62 mi||west||0° 01' 24.0"||1.61 mi||north||946.55 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 03.5"||764.57 mi||east||0° 07' 53.6"||9.05 mi||north||764.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santiago de Cuba *||Wed 5:34 AM||68 km||42 miles||37 nm||N|
|Holguín *||Wed 5:34 AM||172 km||107 miles||93 nm||NNW|
|Kingston||Wed 4:34 AM||192 km||119 miles||104 nm||SW|
|May Pen||Wed 4:34 AM||225 km||140 miles||121 nm||SW|
|Montego Bay||Wed 4:34 AM||252 km||156 miles||136 nm||WSW|
|Camagüey *||Wed 5:34 AM||315 km||196 miles||170 nm||NW|
|Gonaïves *||Wed 5:34 AM||321 km||199 miles||173 nm||E|
|Port-au-Prince *||Wed 5:34 AM||372 km||231 miles||201 nm||ESE|
|Cap-Haïtien *||Wed 5:34 AM||374 km||232 miles||202 nm||E|
|San Juan de la Maguana||Wed 5:34 AM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.