Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 9:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, September 27, 2013 at 3:57 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 09:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.30 meters/second, 1523.9 km/hour, 946.9 miles/hour or 822.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 01.3"||0.03 mi||North||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 32.7"||946.62 mi||West||0° 01' 24.0"||1.61 mi||North||946.55 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 03.5"||764.57 mi||East||0° 07' 53.6"||9.05 mi||North||764.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santiago de Cuba *||Wed 5:34 AM||68 km||42 miles||37 nm||N|
|Holguín *||Wed 5:34 AM||172 km||107 miles||93 nm||NNW|
|Kingston||Wed 4:34 AM||192 km||119 miles||104 nm||SW|
|May Pen||Wed 4:34 AM||225 km||140 miles||121 nm||SW|
|Montego Bay||Wed 4:34 AM||252 km||156 miles||136 nm||WSW|
|Camagüey *||Wed 5:34 AM||315 km||196 miles||170 nm||NW|
|Gonaïves *||Wed 5:34 AM||321 km||199 miles||173 nm||E|
|Port-au-Prince *||Wed 5:34 AM||371 km||231 miles||200 nm||ESE|
|Cap-Haïtien *||Wed 5:34 AM||374 km||232 miles||202 nm||E|
|Providenciales *||Wed 5:34 AM||448 km||279 miles||242 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.