Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 7:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, September 27, 2013 at 3:57 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 19:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.10 meters/second, 1616.8 km/hour, 1004.6 miles/hour or 873.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 18.2"||1004.52 mi||West||0° 10' 36.8"||12.15 mi||South||1004.67 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 55.0"||773.76 mi||East||4° 19' 08.7"||296.76 mi||South||829.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 9:44 AM||1386 km||861 miles||748 nm||W|
|Papeete||Wed 9:44 AM||2295 km||1426 miles||1239 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Wed 9:44 AM||2492 km||1549 miles||1346 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 9:44 AM||3104 km||1929 miles||1676 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 8:44 AM||3208 km||1993 miles||1732 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Wed 11:44 AM||3463 km||2152 miles||1870 nm||SSE|
|Apia *||Thu 9:44 AM||3484 km||2165 miles||1881 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 7:44 AM||3524 km||2190 miles||1903 nm||W|
|Alofi||Wed 8:44 AM||3645 km||2265 miles||1968 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Thu 7:44 AM||4173 km||2593 miles||2253 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.