Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 19:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, September 27, 2013 at 3:56 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 19:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.10 meters/second, 1616.8 km/hour, 1004.6 miles/hour or 873.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.74 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||south||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 18.2"||1004.59 mi||west||0° 10' 36.8"||12.15 mi||south||1004.74 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 55.8"||773.83 mi||east||4° 19' 09.1"||296.79 mi||south||829.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 9:44 AM||1356 km||842 miles||732 nm||W|
|Papeete||Wed 9:44 AM||2289 km||1422 miles||1236 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Wed 9:44 AM||2476 km||1539 miles||1337 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 9:44 AM||3088 km||1919 miles||1668 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 8:44 AM||3183 km||1978 miles||1719 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Thu 9:44 AM||3459 km||2149 miles||1867 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Wed 11:44 AM||3476 km||2160 miles||1877 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Wed 7:44 AM||3494 km||2171 miles||1887 nm||W|
|Alofi||Wed 8:44 AM||3622 km||2251 miles||1956 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Thu 7:44 AM||4142 km||2574 miles||2237 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.