Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, October 4, 2013 at 17:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, September 27, 2013 at 3:57 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 4, 2013 at 17:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.67 meters/second, 1608.0 km/hour, 999.2 miles/hour or 868.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.65 mi||west||0° 00' 10.6"||0.21 mi||south||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 41.8"||999.05 mi||west||0° 10' 43.9"||12.29 mi||south||998.98 mi|
|24 hours||11° 57' 34.8"||823.37 mi||east||4° 09' 53.9"||286.22 mi||south||868.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 11:30 AM||516 km||321 miles||279 nm||N|
|Guayaquil||Fri 12:30 PM||1155 km||718 miles||624 nm||ENE|
|Quito||Fri 12:30 PM||1383 km||859 miles||747 nm||ENE|
|Lima||Fri 12:30 PM||1572 km||977 miles||849 nm||ESE|
|Cali||Fri 12:30 PM||1776 km||1104 miles||959 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Fri 11:30 AM||1826 km||1134 miles||986 nm||NNE|
|Panama||Fri 12:30 PM||1970 km||1224 miles||1064 nm||NE|
|Managua||Fri 11:30 AM||1997 km||1241 miles||1078 nm||N|
|Bogota||Fri 12:30 PM||2075 km||1290 miles||1121 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Fri 11:30 AM||2131 km||1324 miles||1151 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.