Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 4, 2013 at 6:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, September 27, 2013 at 3:57 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 4, 2013 at 18:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.50 meters/second, 1607.4 km/hour, 998.8 miles/hour or 867.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.65 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||South||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 38.6"||998.67 mi||West||0° 10' 42.7"||12.27 mi||South||998.58 mi|
|24 hours||11° 58' 56.9"||824.67 mi||East||4° 09' 03.8"||285.27 mi||South||869.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 12:34 PM||1818 km||1130 miles||982 nm||ENE|
|Easter Island *||Fri 1:34 PM||2400 km||1491 miles||1296 nm||S|
|Acapulco *||Fri 1:34 PM||2567 km||1595 miles||1386 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Fri 12:34 PM||2776 km||1725 miles||1499 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Fri 12:34 PM||2788 km||1732 miles||1505 nm||NE|
|Mexico City *||Fri 1:34 PM||2864 km||1780 miles||1547 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Fri 12:34 PM||2886 km||1794 miles||1559 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Fri 12:34 PM||2918 km||1813 miles||1575 nm||NE|
|Tegucigalpa||Fri 12:34 PM||2961 km||1840 miles||1599 nm||NE|
|Quito||Fri 1:34 PM||3033 km||1885 miles||1638 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.