Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 4, 2013 at 11:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, September 27, 2013 at 3:57 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 4, 2013 at 23:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.63 meters/second, 1604.3 km/hour, 996.8 miles/hour or 866.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.61 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 23.7"||996.70 mi||West||0° 10' 35.7"||12.14 mi||South||996.59 mi|
|24 hours||12° 05' 31.2"||830.81 mi||East||4° 04' 45.3"||280.34 mi||South||872.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Sat 11:34 AM||393 km||244 miles||212 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 11:34 AM||770 km||478 miles||416 nm||N|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:34 PM||785 km||488 miles||424 nm||ESE|
|Kanton Island||Sat 12:34 PM||799 km||496 miles||431 nm||ENE|
|Rawaki||Sat 12:34 PM||848 km||527 miles||458 nm||ENE|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sat 1:34 PM||993 km||617 miles||536 nm||SE|
|Apia *||Sat 1:34 PM||1032 km||641 miles||557 nm||SE|
|Suva||Sat 11:34 AM||1336 km||830 miles||722 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Sat 11:34 AM||1358 km||844 miles||733 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 12:34 PM||1615 km||1004 miles||872 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.