Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, October 4, 2013 at 23:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, September 27, 2013 at 3:57 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 4, 2013 at 23:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.61 meters/second, 1604.2 km/hour, 996.8 miles/hour or 866.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.61 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||south||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 23.4"||996.66 mi||west||0° 10' 35.6"||12.13 mi||south||996.55 mi|
|24 hours||12° 05' 39.2"||830.93 mi||east||4° 04' 39.6"||280.23 mi||south||872.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Sat 11:40 AM||267 km||166 miles||144 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Fri 11:40 AM||818 km||508 miles||441 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:40 PM||931 km||578 miles||503 nm||ESE|
|Rawaki||Sat 12:40 PM||999 km||621 miles||539 nm||ENE|
|Apia *||Sat 1:40 PM||1139 km||707 miles||615 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Sat 11:40 AM||1242 km||772 miles||671 nm||NW|
|Suva||Sat 11:40 AM||1294 km||804 miles||699 nm||S|
|Nukualofa||Sat 12:40 PM||1659 km||1031 miles||896 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Sat 11:40 AM||1681 km||1044 miles||908 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Fri 12:40 PM||1702 km||1057 miles||919 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.