Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, September 27, 2013 at 3:57 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 00:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.44 meters/second, 1603.6 km/hour, 996.4 miles/hour or 865.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.61 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 20.5"||996.28 mi||West||0° 10' 34.2"||12.11 mi||South||996.17 mi|
|24 hours||12° 06' 51.5"||832.04 mi||East||4° 03' 48.6"||279.26 mi||South||873.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Sat 12:34 PM||699 km||435 miles||378 nm||N|
|Honiara||Sat 11:34 AM||902 km||561 miles||487 nm||WSW|
|Luganville||Sat 11:34 AM||963 km||599 miles||520 nm||S|
|Tabiteuea||Sat 12:34 PM||998 km||620 miles||539 nm||NE|
|Tarawa||Sat 12:34 PM||1084 km||673 miles||585 nm||NNE|
|Port Vila||Sat 11:34 AM||1210 km||752 miles||653 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Sat 12:34 PM||1281 km||796 miles||692 nm||E|
|Majuro||Sat 12:34 PM||1591 km||989 miles||859 nm||NNE|
|Suva||Sat 12:34 PM||1708 km||1061 miles||922 nm||SE|
|Palikir||Sat 11:34 AM||1853 km||1151 miles||1001 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.