Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 00:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.41 meters/second, 1603.5 km/hour, 996.4 miles/hour or 865.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.60 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 20.1"||996.21 mi||West||0° 10' 33.9"||12.10 mi||South||996.10 mi|
|24 hours||12° 07' 05.0"||832.25 mi||East||4° 03' 38.9"||279.08 mi||South||873.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Sat 11:44 AM||654 km||406 miles||353 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Sat 12:44 PM||720 km||448 miles||389 nm||NNE|
|Gizo||Sat 11:44 AM||943 km||586 miles||509 nm||W|
|Luganville||Sat 11:44 AM||980 km||609 miles||529 nm||SSE|
|Port Vila||Sat 11:44 AM||1249 km||776 miles||674 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Sat 12:44 PM||1252 km||778 miles||676 nm||NE|
|Funafuti||Sat 12:44 PM||1545 km||960 miles||834 nm||E|
|Majuro||Sat 12:44 PM||1683 km||1046 miles||909 nm||NNE|
|Palikir||Sat 11:44 AM||1716 km||1067 miles||927 nm||NNW|
|Suva||Sat 12:44 PM||1894 km||1177 miles||1023 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.