Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 1:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 01:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 445.25 meters/second, 1602.9 kilometres/hour, 996.0 miles/hour or 865.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.60 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 17.5"||995.85 mi||West||0° 10' 32.4"||12.07 mi||South||995.73 mi|
|24 hours||12° 08' 12.6"||833.28 mi||East||4° 02' 50.4"||278.15 mi||South||874.40 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Buka||Sat 11:34 AM||237 km||147 miles||128 nm||NE|
|Arawa||Sat 11:34 AM||274 km||170 miles||148 nm||ENE|
|Rabaul||Sat 11:34 AM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||NNW|
|Gizo||Sat 12:34 PM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||ESE|
|Lae||Sat 11:34 AM||688 km||428 miles||372 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Sat 11:34 AM||717 km||445 miles||387 nm||WSW|
|Honiara||Sat 12:34 PM||791 km||491 miles||427 nm||ESE|
|Mount Hagen||Sat 11:34 AM||1001 km||622 miles||541 nm||W|
|Cairns||Sat 11:34 AM||1363 km||847 miles||736 nm||SW|
|Jayapura||Sat 10:34 AM||1472 km||914 miles||795 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.