Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 5:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 05:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.46 meters/second, 1600.0 km/hour, 994.2 miles/hour or 864.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||16.57 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||16.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 04.9"||994.07 mi||West||0° 10' 25.4"||11.94 mi||South||993.94 mi|
|24 hours||12° 13' 35.5"||838.15 mi||East||3° 58' 45.2"||273.48 mi||South||877.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bantam||Sat 12:00 Noon||497 km||309 miles||268 nm||S|
|Bengkulu||Sat 12:30 PM||801 km||498 miles||433 nm||ENE|
|Palembang||Sat 12:30 PM||1085 km||674 miles||586 nm||ENE|
|Jakarta||Sat 12:30 PM||1190 km||739 miles||642 nm||E|
|Bandung||Sat 12:30 PM||1267 km||787 miles||684 nm||E|
|Medan||Sat 12:30 PM||1277 km||794 miles||690 nm||NNE|
|Singapore||Sat 1:30 PM||1309 km||813 miles||707 nm||NE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Sat 1:30 PM||1348 km||837 miles||728 nm||NNE|
|Pontianak||Sat 12:30 PM||1691 km||1050 miles||913 nm||ENE|
|Malang||Sat 12:30 PM||1817 km||1129 miles||981 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.