Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 05:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:35 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 05:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.42 meters/second, 1599.9 km/hour, 994.1 miles/hour or 863.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||16.57 mi||west||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||south||16.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 04.5"||994.06 mi||west||0° 10' 25.0"||11.93 mi||south||993.92 mi|
|24 hours||12° 13' 50.9"||838.43 mi||east||3° 58' 33.2"||273.27 mi||south||877.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bantam||Sat 12:10 PM||615 km||382 miles||332 nm||SE|
|Bengkulu||Sat 12:40 PM||1066 km||662 miles||575 nm||ENE|
|Palembang||Sat 12:40 PM||1356 km||842 miles||732 nm||ENE|
|Medan||Sat 12:40 PM||1377 km||856 miles||743 nm||NNE|
|Jakarta||Sat 12:40 PM||1485 km||922 miles||802 nm||E|
|Kuala Lumpur||Sat 1:40 PM||1508 km||937 miles||814 nm||NE|
|Singapore||Sat 1:40 PM||1523 km||946 miles||822 nm||NE|
|Bandung||Sat 12:40 PM||1563 km||971 miles||844 nm||E|
|Pontianak||Sat 12:40 PM||1956 km||1215 miles||1056 nm||ENE|
|Surabaya||Sat 12:40 PM||2128 km||1322 miles||1149 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.