Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 18:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:35 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 18:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.41 meters/second, 1589.1 km/hour, 987.4 miles/hour or 858.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.46 mi||west||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||south||16.46 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 20.6"||987.24 mi||west||0° 09' 53.8"||11.34 mi||south||987.05 mi|
|24 hours||12° 32' 20.2"||854.38 mi||east||3° 41' 55.9"||254.25 mi||south||886.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 12:40 PM||1162 km||722 miles||627 nm||NNE|
|Guayaquil||Sat 1:40 PM||1872 km||1163 miles||1011 nm||ENE|
|Lima||Sat 1:40 PM||1974 km||1227 miles||1066 nm||E|
|Quito||Sat 1:40 PM||2116 km||1315 miles||1142 nm||ENE|
|Easter Island *||Sat 1:40 PM||2425 km||1507 miles||1310 nm||SW|
|San Jose||Sat 12:40 PM||2505 km||1557 miles||1353 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Sat 12:40 PM||2624 km||1631 miles||1417 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Sat 12:40 PM||2689 km||1671 miles||1452 nm||NNE|
|Panama||Sat 1:40 PM||2703 km||1680 miles||1460 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Sat 12:40 PM||2758 km||1714 miles||1489 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.