Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 22:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:35 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 22:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.39 meters/second, 1585.4 km/hour, 985.1 miles/hour or 856.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.0"||16.42 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||south||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 06.4"||985.00 mi||west||0° 09' 41.9"||11.11 mi||south||984.80 mi|
|24 hours||12° 38' 09.3"||859.27 mi||east||3° 35' 52.2"||247.33 mi||south||888.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 12:40 PM||850 km||528 miles||459 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 12:40 PM||1388 km||862 miles||749 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 12:40 PM||1461 km||908 miles||789 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 11:40 AM||2012 km||1250 miles||1086 nm||W|
|Alofi||Sat 11:40 AM||2053 km||1276 miles||1109 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 12:40 PM||2082 km||1294 miles||1124 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 11:40 AM||2652 km||1648 miles||1432 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 10:40 AM||2867 km||1781 miles||1548 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Sat 2:40 PM||2894 km||1798 miles||1563 nm||SE|
|Funafuti||Sun 10:40 AM||3066 km||1905 miles||1656 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.