Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 11:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 23:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.09 meters/second, 1584.3 km/hour, 984.4 miles/hour or 855.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.0"||16.41 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.18 mi||South||16.41 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 02.3"||984.25 mi||West||0° 09' 38.3"||11.04 mi||South||984.05 mi|
|24 hours||12° 39' 49.8"||860.59 mi||East||3° 34' 02.9"||245.23 mi||South||889.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Sun 12:50 PM||238 km||148 miles||129 nm||NW|
|Pago Pago||Sat 12:50 PM||408 km||253 miles||220 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Sun 1:50 PM||416 km||259 miles||225 nm||SW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sun 1:50 PM||439 km||273 miles||237 nm||SW|
|Rawaki||Sun 12:50 PM||790 km||491 miles||426 nm||N|
|Kanton Island||Sun 12:50 PM||911 km||566 miles||492 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Sat 12:50 PM||918 km||570 miles||496 nm||S|
|Neiafu||Sun 12:50 PM||994 km||618 miles||537 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Sun 11:50 AM||1260 km||783 miles||680 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 12:50 PM||1297 km||806 miles||700 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.