Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 00:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 00:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.89 meters/second, 1583.6 km/hour, 984.0 miles/hour or 855.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||16.40 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||south||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 59.6"||983.82 mi||west||0° 09' 35.8"||11.00 mi||south||983.61 mi|
|24 hours||347° 19' 05.9"||861.46 mi||west||3° 32' 51.9"||243.88 mi||south||889.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Sun 12:34 PM||270 km||168 miles||146 nm||NNW|
|Mata-Utu||Sun 12:34 PM||511 km||318 miles||276 nm||ESE|
|Lautoka||Sun 12:34 PM||786 km||489 miles||425 nm||SSW|
|Nadi||Sun 12:34 PM||808 km||502 miles||436 nm||SSW|
|Suva||Sun 12:34 PM||816 km||507 miles||441 nm||S|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sun 2:34 PM||921 km||572 miles||497 nm||ESE|
|Apia *||Sun 2:34 PM||970 km||603 miles||524 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Sun 1:34 PM||994 km||618 miles||537 nm||E|
|Nukualofa||Sun 1:34 PM||1253 km||778 miles||676 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Sat 12:34 PM||1292 km||803 miles||697 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.