Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 12:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 00:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.86 meters/second, 1583.5 km/hour, 983.9 miles/hour or 855.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||16.40 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||South||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 59.2"||983.76 mi||West||0° 09' 35.6"||10.99 mi||South||983.55 mi|
|24 hours||347° 18' 57.1"||861.58 mi||West||3° 32' 42.1"||243.69 mi||South||889.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Sun 12:40 PM||279 km||173 miles||151 nm||NNE|
|Labasa||Sun 12:40 PM||621 km||386 miles||335 nm||S|
|Mata-Utu||Sun 12:40 PM||650 km||404 miles||351 nm||ESE|
|Lautoka||Sun 12:40 PM||749 km||465 miles||404 nm||S|
|Nadi||Sun 12:40 PM||771 km||479 miles||416 nm||S|
|Suva||Sun 12:40 PM||801 km||497 miles||432 nm||S|
|Apia *||Sun 2:40 PM||1119 km||695 miles||604 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Sun 1:40 PM||1151 km||715 miles||621 nm||E|
|Port Vila||Sun 11:40 AM||1322 km||822 miles||714 nm||SW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 1:40 PM||1324 km||823 miles||715 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.