Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 04:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:35 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 04:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.78 meters/second, 1579.6 km/hour, 981.5 miles/hour or 852.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.36 mi||west||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||south||16.36 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 44.7"||981.32 mi||west||0° 09' 21.8"||10.73 mi||south||981.11 mi|
|24 hours||12° 46' 55.0"||866.32 mi||east||3° 25' 56.6"||235.96 mi||south||892.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ende||Sun 12:40 PM||339 km||211 miles||183 nm||NNE|
|Raba||Sun 12:40 PM||376 km||234 miles||203 nm||NNW|
|Kupang||Sun 12:40 PM||402 km||250 miles||217 nm||ENE|
|Mataram||Sun 12:40 PM||554 km||344 miles||299 nm||NW|
|Suai||Sun 1:40 PM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||ENE|
|Denpasar||Sun 12:40 PM||629 km||391 miles||339 nm||WNW|
|Same||Sun 1:40 PM||661 km||411 miles||357 nm||ENE|
|Singaraja||Sun 12:40 PM||673 km||418 miles||364 nm||NW|
|Dili||Sun 1:40 PM||677 km||421 miles||366 nm||ENE|
|Makassar||Sun 12:40 PM||713 km||443 miles||385 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.