Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 9:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 09:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.38 meters/second, 1574.6 km/hour, 978.4 miles/hour or 850.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.31 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||South||16.31 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 26.4"||978.19 mi||West||0° 09' 03.3"||10.37 mi||South||977.96 mi|
|24 hours||12° 54' 12.7"||872.08 mi||East||3° 16' 53.1"||225.59 mi||South||895.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Antsiranana||Sun 12:42 PM||186 km||115 miles||100 nm||E|
|Mamoutzou||Sun 12:42 PM||261 km||162 miles||141 nm||WSW|
|Mutsamudu||Sun 12:42 PM||347 km||216 miles||187 nm||W|
|Mahajanga||Sun 12:42 PM||402 km||250 miles||217 nm||SSW|
|Fomboni||Sun 12:42 PM||418 km||260 miles||226 nm||W|
|Moroni||Sun 12:42 PM||476 km||296 miles||257 nm||W|
|Toamasina||Sun 12:42 PM||675 km||420 miles||365 nm||SSE|
|Antananarivo||Sun 12:42 PM||730 km||454 miles||394 nm||S|
|Antsirabe||Sun 12:42 PM||838 km||521 miles||453 nm||S|
|Nampula||Sun 11:42 AM||952 km||592 miles||514 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.