Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 4:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 16:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.40 meters/second, 1567.4 km/hour, 974.0 miles/hour or 846.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.23 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||South||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 00.8"||973.73 mi||West||0° 08' 34.4"||9.82 mi||South||973.49 mi|
|24 hours||13° 04' 12.0"||879.73 mi||East||3° 03' 10.6"||209.90 mi||South||898.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Barra do Garças||Sun 1:40 PM||301 km||187 miles||163 nm||SSE|
|Goiânia||Sun 1:40 PM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||SE|
|Brasilia||Sun 1:40 PM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||ESE|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Sun 12:40 PM||897 km||558 miles||485 nm||WSW|
|Guarulhos||Sun 1:40 PM||1324 km||823 miles||715 nm||SSE|
|São Paulo||Sun 1:40 PM||1327 km||825 miles||717 nm||SSE|
|Manaus||Sun 12:40 PM||1355 km||842 miles||732 nm||NW|
|Asuncion *||Sun 1:40 PM||1401 km||870 miles||756 nm||SSW|
|Belém||Sun 1:40 PM||1416 km||880 miles||764 nm||NNE|
|Sucre||Sun 12:40 PM||1432 km||890 miles||773 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.