Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 17:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:35 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 17:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.15 meters/second, 1566.5 km/hour, 973.4 miles/hour or 845.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.22 mi||west||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||south||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 57.8"||973.25 mi||west||0° 08' 30.6"||9.75 mi||south||973.01 mi|
|24 hours||13° 05' 24.0"||880.70 mi||east||3° 01' 24.7"||207.89 mi||south||899.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Trinidad||Sun 1:30 PM||168 km||104 miles||91 nm||SSE|
|Riberalta||Sun 1:30 PM||276 km||172 miles||149 nm||NNW|
|La Paz||Sun 1:30 PM||436 km||271 miles||236 nm||SW|
|Cobija||Sun 1:30 PM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||NW|
|Rio Branco||Sun 1:30 PM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||NNW|
|Santa Cruz||Sun 1:30 PM||542 km||337 miles||293 nm||SSE|
|Porto Velho||Sun 1:30 PM||551 km||343 miles||298 nm||NNE|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Sun 1:30 PM||590 km||367 miles||319 nm||SE|
|Sucre||Sun 1:30 PM||618 km||384 miles||334 nm||S|
|Lima||Sun 12:30 PM||1256 km||781 miles||678 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.