Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 5:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 17:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.16 meters/second, 1566.6 km/hour, 973.4 miles/hour or 845.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.22 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||South||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 57.8"||973.19 mi||West||0° 08' 30.6"||9.75 mi||South||972.95 mi|
|24 hours||13° 05' 22.5"||880.62 mi||East||3° 01' 27.0"||207.92 mi||South||899.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Trinidad||Sun 1:30 PM||158 km||98 miles||85 nm||SSE|
|Riberalta||Sun 1:30 PM||283 km||176 miles||153 nm||NNW|
|La Paz||Sun 1:30 PM||455 km||283 miles||246 nm||SW|
|Cobija||Sun 1:30 PM||464 km||289 miles||251 nm||NW|
|Rio Branco||Sun 1:30 PM||473 km||294 miles||255 nm||NW|
|Santa Cruz||Sun 1:30 PM||529 km||329 miles||286 nm||SSE|
|Porto Velho||Sun 1:30 PM||542 km||337 miles||293 nm||NNE|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Sun 1:30 PM||566 km||352 miles||306 nm||SE|
|Sucre||Sun 1:30 PM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||S|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Sun 12:30 PM||785 km||488 miles||424 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.