Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 5:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 17:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.11 meters/second, 1566.4 km/hour, 973.3 miles/hour or 845.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.22 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||South||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 57.2"||973.08 mi||West||0° 08' 29.9"||9.74 mi||South||972.84 mi|
|24 hours||13° 05' 36.7"||880.79 mi||East||3° 01' 06.2"||207.53 mi||South||899.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cobija||Sun 1:40 PM||296 km||184 miles||160 nm||NNW|
|Riberalta||Sun 1:40 PM||326 km||203 miles||176 nm||NNE|
|La Paz||Sun 1:40 PM||338 km||210 miles||182 nm||S|
|Rio Branco||Sun 1:40 PM||388 km||241 miles||209 nm||N|
|Cochabamba||Sun 1:40 PM||463 km||288 miles||250 nm||SSE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Sun 12:40 PM||524 km||326 miles||283 nm||W|
|Arequipa||Sun 12:40 PM||524 km||326 miles||283 nm||SW|
|Sucre||Sun 1:40 PM||667 km||415 miles||360 nm||SSE|
|Porto Velho||Sun 1:40 PM||670 km||416 miles||362 nm||NE|
|Santa Cruz||Sun 1:40 PM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.