Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 5:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 17:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 435.06 meters/second, 1566.2 kilometres/hour, 973.2 miles/hour or 845.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.22 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||South||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 56.6"||972.98 mi||West||0° 08' 29.3"||9.72 mi||South||972.74 mi|
|24 hours||13° 05' 50.6"||880.97 mi||East||3° 00' 45.2"||207.13 mi||South||899.17 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cuzco||Sun 12:50 PM||202 km||125 miles||109 nm||W|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Sun 12:50 PM||265 km||164 miles||143 nm||W|
|Cobija||Sun 1:50 PM||311 km||193 miles||168 nm||NNE|
|Arequipa||Sun 12:50 PM||355 km||221 miles||192 nm||SSW|
|La Paz||Sun 1:50 PM||394 km||245 miles||213 nm||SSE|
|Rio Branco||Sun 1:50 PM||463 km||288 miles||250 nm||NNE|
|Riberalta||Sun 1:50 PM||520 km||323 miles||281 nm||ENE|
|Cochabamba||Sun 1:50 PM||604 km||375 miles||326 nm||SE|
|Lima||Sun 12:50 PM||769 km||478 miles||415 nm||WNW|
|Sucre||Sun 1:50 PM||802 km||498 miles||433 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.