Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 21:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 21:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.99 meters/second, 1562.4 km/hour, 970.8 miles/hour or 843.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.18 mi||west||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||south||16.18 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 43.0"||970.58 mi||west||0° 08' 12.3"||9.40 mi||south||970.33 mi|
|24 hours||13° 11' 00.0"||884.79 mi||east||2° 52' 50.6"||198.07 mi||south||900.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sun 1:32 PM||1398 km||869 miles||755 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 4:32 PM||2073 km||1288 miles||1119 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sun 11:32 AM||2804 km||1743 miles||1514 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 11:32 AM||3909 km||2429 miles||2111 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 3:32 PM||4018 km||2496 miles||2169 nm||ENE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 11:32 AM||4113 km||2555 miles||2221 nm||WNW|
|Mexico City *||Sun 4:32 PM||4571 km||2840 miles||2468 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Sun 3:32 PM||4829 km||3000 miles||2607 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sun 3:32 PM||4879 km||3031 miles||2634 nm||NE|
|Alofi||Sun 10:32 AM||4959 km||3081 miles||2678 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.