Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 9:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 21:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.99 meters/second, 1562.4 km/hour, 970.8 miles/hour or 843.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.18 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||South||16.18 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 43.0"||970.58 mi||West||0° 08' 12.3"||9.40 mi||South||970.33 mi|
|24 hours||13° 11' 00.0"||884.79 mi||East||2° 52' 50.6"||198.07 mi||South||900.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sun 1:32 PM||1398 km||869 miles||755 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 4:32 PM||2073 km||1288 miles||1119 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sun 11:32 AM||2804 km||1742 miles||1514 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 11:32 AM||3909 km||2429 miles||2111 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 3:32 PM||4018 km||2496 miles||2169 nm||ENE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 11:32 AM||4113 km||2555 miles||2221 nm||WNW|
|Mexico City *||Sun 4:32 PM||4571 km||2840 miles||2468 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Sun 3:32 PM||4829 km||3000 miles||2607 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sun 3:32 PM||4879 km||3031 miles||2634 nm||NE|
|Alofi||Sun 10:32 AM||4959 km||3082 miles||2678 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.