Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 11:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 23:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.37 meters/second, 1560.1 km/hour, 969.4 miles/hour or 842.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.16 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||South||16.16 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 35.2"||969.20 mi||West||0° 08' 02.0"||9.21 mi||South||968.95 mi|
|24 hours||13° 13' 55.3"||886.92 mi||East||2° 48' 07.5"||192.67 mi||South||901.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sun 1:40 PM||636 km||395 miles||343 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 1:40 PM||950 km||590 miles||513 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Sun 12:40 PM||1728 km||1074 miles||933 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 1:40 PM||1817 km||1129 miles||981 nm||N|
|Apia *||Mon 1:40 PM||1868 km||1161 miles||1009 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 12:40 PM||1902 km||1182 miles||1027 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 12:40 PM||2321 km||1442 miles||1253 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sun 3:40 PM||2813 km||1748 miles||1519 nm||ESE|
|Baker Island||Sun 11:40 AM||2907 km||1806 miles||1569 nm||WNW|
|Suva||Mon 11:40 AM||2925 km||1818 miles||1579 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.